UP-CYCLING : Dressing table



Believe it or not this beautiful monstrosity has been my dressing table for the last couple of years and my mums for years before that. Let's face it it doesn't scream glamour so is hardy the place to sit and paint your face at. I knew it had to have a face lift but it's taken me ages to get round to or more importantly pluck up the courage to 'mess' with it. I think when somethings been a part of your life since childhood you start to ignore the scruffs and scrapes it collects along the way but I finally took the plunge.


  I always thought that I would keep it green but I still had some black wood paint from another project and given that I am a bit of a *cough* tight ass *cough* I decided that black it was.
So other than the £5 spent on a new set of knobs I had everything else so I didn't have to spend a penny :)


This is why I love up-cycling. Took a few hours over two days to turn something worn and frankly crap into something completely unique and beautiful for little to nothing. Have to say though re-doing the white detailing was a nightmare.

I'm obsessed with these new ceramic knobs. Pack of 4 mixed for £5 on ebay, bargain!


Comments

Popular Posts