GLUTEN FREE Chocolate Caramel Cheese Cake

For the past few months I have been eating a gluten free diet. And my godness it can be difficult, however my body is thanking me for it. Although super markets are getting better at selling gluten free food and on the whole (although not always) it can be really yummy, if you love baking like me though it can be a struggle adjusting to gluten free ingredients and recipes.
So this is a great and easy gluten free dessert, no need to mess about with flour or changing recipe ratio's because you can buy the biscuits already made.

INGREDIENTS

- 150g gluten free digestive biscuits (I used Tesco's 'free from' digestive biscuits)
- 45g butter, melted
- 3 tbsp golden syrup

- Salted caramel sauce. (I made my own but you can buy it already made)

- 80g caster sugar
- 120ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate
- 200g cream cheese

METHOD

Mix biscuits with melted butter and syrup in a food processor unil it looks like fine breadcrumbs.
(If you don't have a food processor place biscuits in a sandwich bag and crush with a rolling pin. Then mix with a spoon in a bowl)
Press into a loose bottom tin and use the back of a spoon to smooth. Spoon caramel sauce in a thin layer ontop of the base. Then place in fridge to set while you make cream cheese mixture.
Whip double cream into stiff peaks. Melt chocolate in a microwave 10 seconds at a time, mixing each time or in a bain marie. Leave to cool slightly and whisk into double cream.
In a seperate bowl, gently mix the sugar and cream cheese.
Fold into the cream and chocolate mixture.
Spoon mixture onto base and smooth. Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour. (before putting in the fridge you can decorate the top if you like, I drizzled dark chocolate)

Comments

Popular Posts