Soft batch banana and chocolate caramel cookies (GLUTEN FREE)


These cookies are soft, sweet and delicious.

I've been completely gluten free for a few months now and I have struggled to be excited about baking. Usually gluten free is difficult to bake with, leaves an odd texture or tastes strange. But I have recently started using Doves Farm gluten free flour I am in LOVE. It mixes and bakes almost identically to normal gluten flour. So I've been really enjoying baking recently.

I've always loved banana loaf and well anything with banana. So after having a mad craving for cookies and seeing what ingredients I had in the cupboards I decided to make some banana cookies. After a quick google search I found a recipe from a guy called Garrett McCord. And had a bit of a tinker around with it and changed a few things. I made them gluten free, more chocolaty and less spicy. I also changed the quantity and made a smaller batch.

Makes 8

Pre heat the oven to Gas 4

Ingredients
  • 1 cup (Doves farm) plain flour
  • 1/2 cup caster sugar
  • 1/2 cup margarine 
  • 1/2 egg 
  • 1 large banana
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • small pinch salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1 tablespoon cocoa powder 
  • 4 chunks of dairy milk caramel chocolate
Method
  • Cream margarine and sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add egg into the bowl and mix until light and fluffy.
  • In a separate bowl mash banana and mix with the baking powder, leave for a minute and then add to the bowl.
  • Mix together. Add salt, cinnamon, cocoa powder and flour and mix together. Don't over work the banana, mix until just combined.
  • Drop into dollops on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. 
  • Break chocolate into chunks and then half with a sharp knife. Press gently into the tops of the dollops.
  • Bake for 10-15 mins or until set.
  • Place on a wire wrack to cool.



Original Recipe: Garrett McCord

Comments

Popular Posts