23rd Birthday

For the first time ever I woke up alone on my birthday. I still live at home with my family so I've always been greeted by my mum, step dad and brother the moment I wake up.
And honestly I've had the nicest day.

Had the longest lie in ever, helped by the fact I didn't get to sleep until late the night before. Because why not, I'm a strong independent woman and if I want to watch funny cat videos and people falling over until the sun comes up then that's what I'm going to do. I also knew that no one was waiting to have breakfast with me so I could stay in bed as long as I wanted.

My mum and step dad had gone to stay nearby so popped over in the afternoon to give me presents and balloons and profiteroles (which I have quickly devoured). Bless her my mum looked slightly teary, I think it hit her more than me.

But its honestly been so lovely. I've eaten way way too much without fear of being judged. Watched films (for the record it is not a good idea to eat prawns while watching 'a cure for wellness' that, and this isn't a spoiler, has a ton of rank eels in). And just generally laid about in my 'classy' pyjamas looking awful and loving it. Bring on the weight gain tomorrow is all I'm saying.

I think I'm going to end the night with a madly long bubble bath, possibly with a glass of non alcoholic wine, because I'm a pathetic 23 year old and don't drink. Watch some weird Youtube video's and fall asleep whenever.

I feel like being a twenty three year old, Jesus I'm twenty three now, has got off to a very good start. Is it sad I spent the day alone ? probably, but I've loved it.

Comments

Popular Posts