Comfort food

I've been having a bit of a (pardon my French) shitty week. I've been so under the weather with tonsillitis and just feeling rough as hell. Not to mention pretty miserable about it.
Now I don't know what makes you feel better but for me it's a hot bubble bath, an easy to watch film in bed and yummy food.
And tonight I banged it with battered cod and home made chips. Like I said I'm feeling rough still so you better believe I could not be bothered to make batter, heat oil and cook the fish. Not that I tend to do that on the regular anyway. So I brought that ready made. But chips are surprisingly easy to make and taste absolutey amazing ! They look really impressive too if you're wanting to woo someone or just make it look like you've put in a huge amount of effort.



The most effort it takes is cutting up a potato and even that isn't too difficult. Just find yourself a big old potato, I used a baking one and then peel it. Slice it length ways along the longest side so the chips won't be too stubby. I like too make sure they are fairly chunky slices so when you cut into chip shapes they're quite large. Place on a baking tray and toss in sunflower oil and sprinkle crushed sea salt over them. Bake for 20 mins on your highest heat then turn over and bake for another 15 or so, until they are brown and crispy all over. Place them on some kitchen towel to blot off the excess oil before serving. Simple as pie and taste amazing. Just certainly not a meal for anyone on a diet. 

I'm feeling a little better even if it is just in spirit and hopefully my throat and health will start improving really soon. I mean I'm able to eat and drink without wanting to cry now so it's getting better I'm sure.

Moral of the story, if your can't treat yourself when your ill when can you.

Comments

Popular Posts