Digital Art

I'd always been quite old school I suppose when it came to painting and doing my artwork. Not for any reason really, other than it was what I'd always known and I guess I'm not very good at change. 
But my brother, who's studying game design at the moment, brought a little drawing tablet that plugs into your computer. He convinced me to have a go and honestly I hated it!

But I loved the idea of getting more into graphic design and being able to draw something on a computer program and not have to faff around scanning things in or photographing them. So I hesitantly brought one for myself. Although I went for the most basic one it was still a hell of an expense for something I wasn't sure I'd be able to use. 

It was delivered and I set it up. After a few jumpy tries I got the hang of it. It's honestly very odd drawing against the desk and having it appearing on the screen in front of you. And a nightmare getting around all the different brush tools. But I found the right one for me and got used to using it and I have to say I was wrong because I love it now. I can't believe it took me so long to start using one. 

I'll still always love my oil paint and canvases but it is really lovely being able to sit in bed and paint without having to get tons of stuff out and make a mess that has to be cleared away afterwards. And the undo button is just bliss.



Comments

Popular Posts