Health update

Well my body has been trying me recently.

Chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS) will do that to you I suppose. Just as you're feeling like the fog is lifting it comes right back and kicks you to the ground.
And that's what happened to me. I wrote a post recently about a walk in the woods I did. It was the nicest walk and I felt like I had really accomplished something. But I had pushed myself way, way to hard. I looked at my phone's pedometer a few days after and realised I had walked 6,500 steps or there abouts. I know that doesn't sound like a lot to some people but given that my usual step count is around 500 I had been stupid and pushed my self way too hard. That's the thing with CFS you have to be gradual with your exertion.

So that night I woke up with a start and my body was screaming. My back hurt so badly that I couldn't breath or think. I tried desperately to make it better. I moved around side to side pulling my back around in a desperate attempt to relieve the pain. And not only was that a terrible mistake because it did jack to make it better but I managed to dislocate a rib! I just felt it go and ooooh Christ I was in pain. now its three weeks later and my back is still painful. It's better than it was but I'm so unbelievably sick of being in pain.

Not to mention just how odd other things in my body have been. Like I went to sleep one day just after dislocating my rib with a clunky jaw. I didn't do anything to make it so clunky, it just sort of had a bit of a wobbly. Then the next morning I woke up and yawned. One of those tensed up cat like yawns and my jaw locked! I literally couldn't open it more than a centimetre. It was terrifying honestly. I've never had any problems with my jaw before so it was really scary. In the end after about half an hour I managed to wiggle it side to side and it did a humongous clunk and unlocked. I went to the docs that day and they did a full blood screen the next day to check for arthritis and other nasties but it all came back normal. Annoying I suppose to not have anything to pin it on that could be treated but it was a relief to not be told that I have anything really debilitating and lifelong. In the end the doctor concluded that it had to be my CFS playing havoc and told me that there was really nothing she could do. She even to my extreme annoyance recommended that I attend a therapy group for chronic illnesses to help with my obvious 'worry'. But that's another story I suppose and something a lot of people with chronic fatigue or fibromyalga will probably and sadly relate too. I mean if I can't worry about two dislocations in the space of a week I don't know what I can worry about.
She also said that my back pain is probably bad because of my posture because, as she put it I'm a "very endowed lady" 😺 

So I'm just going to have to keep struggling through, sleeping, drinking lots of water and taking painkillers and hoping that this lifts a little soon. If I could just have a little less pain and a little less feeling like I have a rotten virus that would be amazing.

Sorry for the gloomy update. I told myself that I would write things that were a little more personal and this is what's really happening in my life at the moment. Hopefully I'll have nicer things to post about soon.






Comments

Popular Posts