Pela Phone case

Talk, text and tweet the sustainable way! This phone case is equal parts durable and eco-friendly. It doesn't hurt that it's pretty, too! Description Meticulously designed to protect your phone from drops and scratches as well as any traditional plastic case. This case has precision cuts around speakers, charger, volu

I've been trying, I think the same as a lot of people to switch out my plastic products. And one such opportunity came up recently when my phone case had gotten to the point of no return. 

I had heard about a company called Pela that makes biodegradable phone cases and honestly I thought there is no way there going to be any good. Surely. They claim that the case is just as tough as a plastic one but you can chuck it into a compost bin and it will biodegrade in like 6 months. Madness. I had to give it a go, so I ordered one.

I cost WAY more than I would usually spend on a case and took weeks to arrive but holy hell is it awesome. It really is tough as hell. I mean I have no idea how it would fair if you dropped it from standing but its tough and looks and feels awesome. It was weird though for the first week, it was like the whole thing was covered in super fine powder and took a little bit of time to wear down smooth but once it did it was lovely. 

I have no idea how long it will last but I've had it about 5 months and I've put it on wet surfaces, held it with wet hands, used my phone in the bath (that's a normal thing to do isn't it?) and its not gone weird or soft. The only thing I have noticed is that where I obviously hold my finger on the back a lot, it has worn down a smidge and there are a few flax fibres I can slightly feel that have been unearthed, so to speak. But other than that it is great.

I don't know why they don't use this technology for more things. Other companies should pay attention and step up.

I would definitely recommend it to any one. But they do seem to mainly cater for IPhone users at the moment but are expanding.
















Comments

Popular Posts