Going for the chop

I finally went for the chop and cut all my hair off. Full pixie. Well actually It turned out more 80's Madonna, or if I'm honest Jack Dawson. Full Titanic chic.
It's sad and uncomfortable that I cut it for health issues really more than a style choice. I mean I like my hair short but that's not the reason I did it.

I did it because I cant stand having my hair down, I never have been able to stand it. The feeling of hair on my neck, on my face, behind my ears. Its horrible and claustrophobic. And madness I know but I guess I'm a little weird that way.
And I did it because my hair is permanently up and my neck has been KILLING me for the past, well for months and it's been getting worse and worse. And the muscles on my head and the glands in the base of my skull scream at me. Its murder.

So I went for it. The hair dresser looked terrified, I've been going to her for years so I think she knows to expect the unexpected with me but still she looked shocked.
So I sat down and she started. I felt the razor blade cut through the hair at the back of my head. She stopped for a second and looked at me laughing, "I should have probably asked if you were sure" I wasn't but it was too late. I'd committed.
The poor hairdressing staff swept around me frantically as my hair COVERED the floor. There was so much, like so much. And as it was cut away I could feel the weight lift.

And hour or two later the lumps that had crippled the back of my head for months and made me feel sick to the core had reduced and have almost disappeared. I feel better and I can sleep better now that the ball of hair on the back of my head has gone and the pressure in my head has lifted. I made the right choice. And the visual shock of my hair gone will settle with me soon I'm sure.

Comments

Popular Posts