Gravity weighted blanket


So I finally took the plunge and brought a weighted blanket.

I've always had awful issues with sleep. It takes hours for me to fall asleep and some nights I get so anxious I just lay in a perpetual panic attack all night. Not only that but I have always had awful restless legs, I mean I'm talking bruises and on two occasions ripped bed sheets where I've kicked and hooked my legs in so badly. It's horrible. And almost certainly associated with my Autism. So god help anyone that ever shares a bed with me.

But I took the plunge. I noticed the company I had been looking at had a massive sale on so I thought what the hell. It still the most expensive blanket I'll ever own and probably costs the same as all the bedding I've ever brought combined. A whooping £149 to be precise.

And I have to admit I'm slightly nervous about the weight, I followed the guideline and went for 10% of my body weight. On the dot actually. But it still seems like a lot, but we will see. And about the noise, its made with glass beads, but you would think that the fact that its for Autistic people, well it can't be too bad surely. I'm also worried about the temperature underneath it because I run hot when I sleep.
I'm nervous too because of my fibromyalgia, sometimes tight clothing can even exacerbate the pain so it could be a nightmare but a lot of people in the reviews and online were saying that it has massively helped with there's, something about it pushing on your pressure points and relieving them. 

But I've always, since I was really little, piled on the blankets and cushions when I sleep. I love weight on me, its soothing. So I'm looking forward to the weight but hopefully not the temperature that comes with piles of blankets.

It will be with me in 5-7 days apparently so we will see. I'm excited but not getting my hopes to high.

On a side note there's something really unnerving about buying something that is specifically for my Autism. It's a first for me and I'm not entirely comfortable with it but if it helps, then I guess I really shouldn't feel embarrassed.  
weighted blanket
First impressions

So it arrived 15 days after my order in the end. But that was because of problems with the delivery company. Also probably not a good idea to order something from Europe in the current climate in the UK because, although seemingly unrelated, it was stopped at the Dartford crossing because of industrial action. Anyway it got to me in the end.

Thankfully my step dad answered the door and took the package and brought it up to my room. Because it was heavy. I know I should have known that, its hardly a surprise but it was was heavier than I expected.

That being said I put it out over my bed and got underneath and it really wasn't to bad when spread across a whole body. I could feel it. There's no doubt about that but it wasn't as heavy as I thought it would feel. It is heavy enough though to really make me feel grounded and definitely feels like its going to help massively with my restless legs as its more difficult to move underneath it.

Its also really cool, even with the winter cover I could have my thick blanket underneath. I was so worried because I easily overheat but its very breathable.

The only issue I'm having is with my fibromyalgia. Its beyond infuriating to have conditions that affect and clash so badly with each other. I'm weak with it, and my body is easily overworked. I broke into a sweat putting it on my bed and have to idea how I would move it around or god forbid take it up or down the stairs. It also seems to help with some fibromyalgia symptoms and makes others far worse seemingly. I don't know if my body would get used to it over time but first impressions aren't all good.

Comments

Popular Posts